MGT 567 Final Exam Guide
This Tutorial was purchased 5 times & rated
A by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- MGT 567 NS Final Exam Guide.docx
1. Which of following observations is true of ethics ?
2. Identify the statement that best describes the philanthropic model of corporate social responsibility.
3. When you not get to know someone because you do not have to see that person to do business, you often do not take into account the impact of your decisions on him or her. This is the challenge posed by
4. Which of the following statements is true about ethical corporate cultures?
5. Assume that you are a strong supporter of the deontological ethical tradition Identify the statement about manipulation that you would completely agree with
6. Discussions in ethics about employee health and safety tend to focus on the relative risks workers face and the level of acceptable workplace risk because
7. According to the article “corporate Citizenship Performance: Measuring(and Reporting) Success,” best practices in reporting the success in reaching CSR goals include which of the following?
8. Some employers might decide to treat employees well as a means to produce greater workplace harmony and productivity. This approach is reminiscent of __ ethics.
9. Defenders of the market approach contend that environmental problems are economic problems that deserve economic solutions. Fundamentally, environmental problems involve the
10. Critical Systems Heuristics (CSH), which was developed by Ulrich and discussed by cordoba and Campbell in their article Implementing CSR Initiatives the contribution of systemic thinking, facilitates reflection on system boundaries and consists of twelve questions about a plan as a system . According to Ulrich, CSH does which of the following?
11. According to the Economic Model of CSR , the responsibility of business manages is to
12. When would a values-based organization rely on the personal integrity of its workforce when decisions need to made ?
13. When of the following statement is true about ethical decision making in business ?
14. According to Bhattacharya et al.., in the article ‘’Strengthening Stakeholder- Company Relationships Through Mutually Beneficial Corporate social Responsibility Initiative ‘’values are driven by both psychosocial benefits and stakeholder perceptions of and involvement in CSR initiatives . When stakeholders achieve desirable values though CSR initiatives, they are likely to
15. Sustainable business and sustainable economic, ethical and environment sustainability. This is often called the --------------
16. General vulnerability occurs when
17. Identify the challenge faced by the acceptable-risk approach to health and safety.
18. The distinction between compliance-based and integrity –based cultures is most evident in
19. When professionals have a professional and ethical obligation to clients, duties that override their own personal interests, they are said to have
20. The duty of care involves the exercise of reasonable care by a member to ensure that
21. The model advanced by bhattacharya et al ,, in the article Strengthening stakeholder –company relationships through mutually beneficial corporate social responsibility Initiatives, Proposes that CSR leads to behaviors directed not only toward the company and the cause but also toward other stakeholders. The authors suggest that future research on social initiatives should include which of the following?
22. From a utilitarian perspective, individual rights to privacy or the right to control information about oneself may be outweighed in cases where
23. According to porter and Kramer, in “the Link between compertitive advantage and corporate social responsibility,” each company must select issues that intersect with its particular business. They suggest three categories into which social initiatives be placed and then ranked based on their potential impact. These categories are
24. Which of the following statements reflects the deontological ethical tradition?
25. From the perspective of the narrow view of CSR, only philanthropy done for reputational and financial ends is ethically responsible. Identify the correct justification for this persopective.
26.In his article “ Getting sound advice on social initiatives,”Grover contends that companies today face a common challenge __ how to develop workable programs that will help them move forward strategically on corporate social responsibility initiatives that matter to customers and employees. An approach that worked well for his organization was to
27. The Triple bottom line approach measures the business success of sustainable businesses and sustainable economic development in terms of which three factors?
28. Kathy, you best friend and classmate, asks you to help her with a challenging ethical predicament. Which of the following would be your first step in the decision –making process?
29. CSR literature assumes a tension between the pursuit of profit and social responsibility. How can organizations overcome this tension?
30. Which of the following explains the term Satisficing ?