MGT 567 Week 1 Ethical Dilemma Analysis
This Tutorial was purchased 5 times & rated
A+ by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- MGT 567 NS Week 1 Ethical Dilemma Analysis.docx
You are the VP of Human Resources for the company where you currently work or a medium-sized company with which you are familiar. Sales and profits have dropped sharply because of a downturn in the economy. The company owner wants you to take immediate action to reduce incentive payments for salespeople and implement a month-long layoff for all production workers. He does not want to affect management employees in any way. Although his requests are within the letter of the law, you try to determine if they are also ethical.
Select a pro or con position for the situation. Pro would support the owner's position as ethical, while con would be against it as unethical.
Compose a 1,100-1,400 word situation analysis to be directed to the owner outlining your concerns. In your analysis, be sure to include the following:
• Differentiate between the company’s legal and ethical responsibilities.
• PRO: Analyze the ethical reasons for the owner’s decision.
• CON: Develop an alternate approach for the owner’s consideration that might be more appropriate from both a legal and ethical standpoint.
• Examine the ethical decision-making process used to arrive at either the owner’s approach or the alternate approach and discuss this as evidence for the owner.
• Use appropriate examples to illustrate your points.
Format assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.