MGT 567 Week 3 Privacy and Security in the workplace (2 Papers)
This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated
No rating by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- MGT 567 NS Week 3 Privacy and Security in the workplace.docx
- MGT 567 Week 3 Privacy and Security in the workplace 1.docx
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers
You are working as a human resource consultant at your current place of employment or one in an industry in which you are familiar. The organization is facing privacy and security issues. While there, an employee of the company was fired after sharing a photo of himself engaged the use of illegal drugs while wearing a shirt with the company logo on it. This photo was shared over social media and viewed by clients of the company as well as other employees.
Prepare a 1,100-1,400 word analysis of the situation on the potential legal and ethical implications. Include the following:
• Examine the ways in which the company differentiates between the employer’s right to protect its interests and the employees’ rights to be free from wrongful intrusions into their personal affairs.
• Discuss the effects of social media on the ability of organizations to differentiate between employee privacy and company interests.
• Recommend an approach to take if the organization does not currently have a differentiation in place.
• Evaluate the uses of technology that affect employee privacy.
• Examine ways in which the organization monitors employees. If the company does not have a specific policy in place, what are possible processes that might be implemented?
• Analyze the methods the organization uses to protect employees’ personal information. If the company does not have a policy in place, how might they do this?
• Analyze the manner in which the company’s policies regarding privacy and technology are reflected in their company values. If the policies are not aligned with the company values, what are some ways they might change this?
• Recommend changes the company can make to align these policies with the organizational values and goals. Include a rationale for these recommendations.
Cite a minimum of three scholarly sources.
Format consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.